The latest data shows university R&D in Nova Scotia has fallen slightly from $182 million in 2011/12 to $173 million in 2014/15. We are not on track to attain this goal.
What this means
This data shows the dollar value of sponsored research and development occurring at Nova Scotia universities. It does not include sponsored research and development performed at Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC). It should be noted, many funding programs from the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) are cyclical. Although the John Evans Leaders Fund (JELF) awards smaller-scale research funding to individual researchers three times a year, all other programs are larger-scale and take place every two to three years. Special funding programs from CFI are also held periodically to meet specific demands. Therefore, longer terms trends in funding will show the fuller picture for this goal.
Researchers hope to fill gaps in sea science with gliders
The Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada is hoping a plan to buy autonomous gliders will give it near constant access to information about the sea off our shores.
SIGNED, "SEALED," DELIVERED: DAL'S OCEAN TRACKING NETWORK RECEIVES $11.4M IN FUNDING FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
Each January, grey seals gather in the frigid waters along the shores of Sable Island off the southwest coast of Nova Scotia to mate. And each year, marine researchers bundle up and head to the remote island to visit them.
Cape Breton University researchers seeking solution for 'superbugs'
A team of researchers at Cape Breton University, working with a life-science company in Halifax, is confident it has found a chink in the armour of antibiotic-resistant bacteria strains commonly known as "superbugs."
- TREASURY BOARD PRESIDENT SCOTT BRISON ANNOUNCES NSERC FUNDING AT DAL
- Nova Scotia biologist studies deer liver and environmental changes
- Canada and Nova Scotia Invest in infrastructure at Nova Scotia Community College
- DAZZLING DISCOVERERS: DAL RESEARCHERS WIN BIG AT DISCOVERY AWARDS
- HUBS FOR INNOVATION: THE IMPORTANT ROLE OF UNIVERSITIES IN NOVA SCOTIA'S FUTURE
- Alec Falkenham, Dalhousie researcher, inks deal for tattoo removal cream
- A GAME‑CHANGER FOR OCEAN RESEARCH: INSIDE THE NEW DAL‑LED OCEAN FRONTIER INSTITUTE
- Ocean innovation centre lands major government investment
- NowNS: University of innovation
- ACOA to Zebrafish: Dalhousie University gets help in orphan disease research
- Federal, provincial government announce funding for university upgrades