METRIC UNDER DEVELOPMENT
The One NS Digital Dashboard is a work in progress. The metric for this goal is under development, as we work to identify accurate data sources and proper methodologies. It will be updated as soon as possible.
Indoor playground is a shredded-tire engineering experiment
Halifax C&D Recycling is testing the use of shredded tires as infill instead of gravel. The material has insulating qualities, is lightweight and could be cheaper than regular fill. The data is being collected by a Dalhousie University engineering professor, Hany el Naggar, and a team of graduate students.
Halifax company fighting antibiotic-resistant superbugs
A Halifax company is testing a chemical compound that breaks down the defences of antibiotic-resistant superbugs.
Research may reveal mysteries of Nova Scotia seaweed
Rockweed estimates currently done by hand, a slow and difficult process
- NowNS: Turning 7,000 kilometres of Nova Scotia coastline into opportunities
- Dartmouth Coast Guard base to be converted into ocean innovation centre
- Feds put $9.2M toward commercializing Atlantic Canadian research ideas
- MITACS INTERNSHIPS HELP WITH DEVELOPMENT OF NEW LANGUAGE LEARNING SOFTWARE
- Feds give money to Kentville grape, wine research program
- Quantum research that could enhance self-driving vehicles now a $6M commercial venture