After declining to a low of $963 million in 2010, domestic exports of Nova Scotia agricultural, fishery, and food products have grown by more than $1 billion to $2.1 billion in 2016. This acceleration in seafood exports has put this goal on track to meet the target well ahead of time. Agriculture exports however, have shown little growth.
|year||fish and seafood||agri-products||target||baseline|
What this means
This data measures the current dollar value of Nova Scotia seafood and agricultural products that are exported to other countries (not including shipments to other provinces). Some of the recent growth has been due in part to strong lobster prices and, to a lesser extent, volume increases.
Atlantic Canada's seafood industry gets a boost as China lowers tariffs
Atlantic Canada's seafood industry is starting 2017 with a boost for the bottom line thanks to lower tariffs on seafood entering the booming China market.
Clearwater Seafoods rides the export wave of good fortune
At a time many companies are struggling with challenging economic forces Halifax-based Clearwater Seafoods Inc. is bucking the trend.
Nova Scotia, Canada Launches Premium International Seafood Brand in China
"Nova Scotia leads the world for high quality fish and seafood, such as lobster and sea cucumbers, all harvested from the cold and pristine waters of the Atlantic Ocean," said Nova Scotia Premier Stephen McNeil.
- NowNS: Louisbourg Seafoods continually growing, evolving (Video)
- Small-scale fish farm wants to export technology to urban markets
- Fishing for China: Making money off Asia's growing appetite
- Lawrence MacAulay leads largest ever trade mission to China
- Airport expands to handle lobster export boom
- China Fisheries and Seafood Expo brings 'great potential'
- Lobster-quality monitoring project already paying off
- N.S. fishery and technology sectors to receive Federal investment
- Atlantic Sea Cucumber opens plant with $500,000 boost from ACOA
- Blandford-based Cedar Bay Grilling Company takes top export award
- Nova Scotia seafood exports soar on appetite for crab, lobster
- Nova Scotian exports win with CETA
- NowNS: Nova Scotia fish importer Binnacle Seafood expects export bump
- Nova Scotia exports continue to be buoyed by lobster sales to China